Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chicken Kitchen

[Printable Recipe]


Chicken Kitchen with Mustard Curry SauceChicken Kitchen with Mustard Curry Sauce

If you have ever had the pleasure of eating at a Chicken Kitchen you are so lucky. I was introduced to this yum yum on my first trip to Miami, spring break 2006. Matt always talked about how good this is, but it wasn't until I had it that my life was changed. Ok, exaggeration, but I find myself craving it often. CK is located in FL(there is one in Orlando mom and dad Tracy), TX and CO. Being in Maryland we don't have it. It makes us sad. The famous CK Chop Chop is yellow rice, grilled chicken and the sauce of your choosing. The mustard curry is the most popular, but they offer sweet and sour, and bbq.

Matt, having grown up eating CK and missing it most, found the recipe for the famous mustard curry sauce, made it, and we have found the almost perfect replication.

Now I have said before I am a picky and plain eater. I don't like the curry sauce, I use sweet and sour sauce. But it is still super good to me.

What I use, unless I have leftover from China Wok
What I use, unless I have leftover from China Wok

We make the basic Chop Chop.
Ingredients
Ingredients

Ingredients:

chicken tenderloins

Goya yellow rice

2 tbsp Mayonnaise

1 tsp Yellow Mustard

1/2 tsp Curry Powder

1-2 tbsp Water

Directions:

Matt always makes his sauce while I start cutting up the chicken. I watched this time, but it is simple, mix the mayo, mustard, curry and water.

pre water and mixing
pre water and mixing

Finished sauce
Finished sauce

It shouldn't be too thin, but it is personal preference how thin it is. You don't want it watered down too much. Matt puts it in the fridge to chill until the rest of the meal is ready. The recipe should be doubled or tripled depending on how many people are eating. Matt doubles the recipe when it is just us eating (just him using the sauce) but he also eats enough for 2. I think the couple times we have made this for my family we doubled the recipe, and made it twice.

I take the chicken and cut into small pieces.

chicken
chicken
That's a lot of chicken
That's a lot of chicken

Once the chicken is cut, start the rice according to the packaging. It takes 25 mins to cook.

cooked rice
cooked rice

I spray my pan with PAM and put in the chicken. img_2273

Season with garlic salt and pepper. The pieces cook pretty quickly, I like to let them get a little brown.

img_2276

When everything is ready it is time to eat.

Put a bed of rice on the plate, add your chicken and sauce, mix and eat.

Matt's
Matt's

Mine
Mine

CK serves with a pita, we skip it. Your choice.

Those who have had the real deal, and our version have said they are very similar. I agree. Now we get CK without flying to Miami!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!