Monday, March 23, 2009

Cake Class 4- Completed Course 1

The Proof
The Proof

I DID IT!!

While I did learn how to make roses, and pretty sprial flowers, a lot of this class was review for me because my momma taught me a little when I started making cookie cakes, I also taught myself some.

Not too bad for my first time
Not too bad for my first time

Next week starts course 2. The best part for me, I don't have to make a cake, or make more icing. Sucks for those who eat my practice cakes. I am declaring this weekend a bake free weekend, and Matt and I are going to play outside in D.C. Unless it rains, then I will sleep a lot, read and watch a lot of tv. Maybe go to the mall. So pray for SUN! :-D

Today was my sweet, sweet classroom aide's birthday. I couldn't muster the energy to do one more cake over the weekend, so we are celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

I am pleased with her cake, though the one boarder is now sliding off...(I cheated on the cake icing...I used Betty Crocker. I was realllly tired today after work, I fell asleep holding my laptop while checking emails. :-D)

The cake is pretty though, I need to make about 1000 more roses so I finally make them look like they do at the bakery.

img_2396

Happy Birthday Glenna, thanks for being such a good worker, the babies and I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Angela, congratulations, a little bit late. Can't wait to see your new accomplishments with your new course. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!