Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Caramel Brownies

Is it Care-A-Mel, Car-Mul, or Care-A-Mul. Matt and I have a longstanding debate - I am a car-mul girl, he says care-a-mel. We also disagree on what my first car is called ( he is probably right - but I'll never call it a Tour-Us, it was a Tar-us)

This is super easy, and quick to make too! The longest part was unwrapping all those stinking caramels. This recipe was adapted from bake at 350

[Printable Recipe]

Ingredients
2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided
14 oz package of caramels
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 pkg German chocolate cake mix
1c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans ( I skipped this cuz I ran out from the pecan pie )

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk over low heat.
Combine the melted butter, remaining 1/3 c. evap. milk and cake mix.

Spread 1/2 of the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake for 6 mins

Sprinkle with chocolate chips (and pecans if using)

Spread melted caramel over top of the chips.

Drop remaining batter onto the top

Bake for 15-20 mins (I baked for 18)


Don't over bake- you want them to be a little gooey!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! I like them gooey!! I think I am a car-mel kinda girl... and tore-us... ;)

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!