Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chocolate Mint Polka Dot Cookies


I first saw this recipe from Baked Perfection and went on a MASSIVE hunt for Guittard Green Mint Chips. I went to every World Market around me (about 4) I finally found them and it made my day. What didn't make my day was a few months later I walked into Safeway and in the holiday baking section there they sat. SIGH.

These cookies were very, very good. Matt described it as a combination York peppermint patty and a Thin Mint.  Sounds good to me!!

Ingredients:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate because it was what I had)
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
3 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Guittard Green Mint Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven 350
Melt chocolate chips and butter - set aside to cool.
 

Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In mixer beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light.

Blend in melted chocolate then the dry ingredients.

Stir in green chips and chill for 15 mins
Scoop onto cookie sheets



Bake 8-10 mins.


I doubled this batch and made TONS.

I was a little disapointed that a lot of the green chips didn't show up as much as I thought they would, but the cookies were still great. I am sad I didn't get to share these at the cookie exchange - they would have been a huge hit!

I am linking this up with Bake at 350's Flavor of the Month - which happens to be COOKIES :-D

7 comments:

  1. A combination of a York Peppermint Patty & a Thin Mint? YES, PLEASE!!! Those sound delicious!

    Thanks for linking up! Love your paisley background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I have some Nestle mint chips I bought and didn't use, maybe I'll try them with this recipe!!

    Thanks!
    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate searching for ingredients. It gets so frustrating. I'm glad that you were able to fine them and makes these cookies. They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cookies--I love those mint chips too! Only used them once though, because they're rather pricey at World Market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh holy moly yum. Why did I just go on a diet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!