Saturday, January 30, 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream

[Printable Recipe]

So Matt wanted to make strawberry ice cream, which is fine with me because it is my least favorite, so I won't eat much (which in all honesty, I have only had a couple bites in each batch, and I think I had a bowl one night- Mr. Matt is the one crushing the ice cream, and still keeping his girlish figure* -NOT FAIR)

*Matt doesn't look like a girl, he is just skinny and doesn't get fat despite the disgusting amount of food he puts into his body. Sigh.

So for the strawberry we stuck with the similar ice cream format.

Ingredients:
2 c. Milk (used 1%)
2 c. Heavy whipping cream
1c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. strawberries, pureed

Directions:
Slice the strawberries and place in a blender (removing the leaves of course)
 


Puree the strawberries to desired texture, we got ours pretty smooth
 

Mix puree, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla until mixed well.
 

Put in to ice cream maker while it is spinning
 

This one took a little longer to get firmed up - close to an hour.
I totally forgot to take a pic before I put it in the bowl. But I took video at 10 mins in and 45-50 mins in.


[I have videos, but I can't get it to post- If you have tips for posting videos email me at wannabebakerblog (at) gmail (dot) com ]



Put in bowls and put in freezer
 

This tasted so good, very strong strawberry taste, but it was also a good creme taste. It actually reminded me exactly of a strawberry and cream creme saver


[image credit]

Oh yea - now you want to try it!

3 comments:

  1. I've wondered what those Creme Savers taste like. Afraid to try something new, that would be me.

    The ice cream looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you from Follow Friday. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!