Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to make cake flour

I typically have a box of cake flour in my pantry, but when I started making the wedding cakes I realized I didn’t have enough and I didn’t feel like going out to get more. I knew it was possible to make your own, and just days before Joy the Baker posted how to do it! So after a little google reader searching I found it!

I think this is a great recipe to have just in case you find yourself needed cake flour.

It is simple.

You need  3 things -

1- Flour

2- Corn Starch

3- Sifter

IMG_4933IMG_4934

Measure out your flour

For every cup of all purpose flour you have , remove 2 Tbsp flour.

Then add 2 Tbsp corn starch

Then sift – a lot – like 2 or 3 times, then sift it again with all the ingredients.

 

And that is how you make cake flour from regular flour.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!