Friday, November 20, 2009

A work in progress

Yes - I know I have been neglecting my baking blog. Yes- this makes me very very sad. There are a few reasons why this blog is not getting the love it deserves.

1- I am working on moving my blog to blogspot.com - after much research - I can not make this blog pretty without 1- paying wordpress for an upgrade and 2- paying someone to help me create pretty blog materials. However blogger lets you use all sort of pretty HTML to decorate your blog - and better yet - people create amazing things for you to download and use - for FREE! I am so happy about this - however, the process for moving my blog is long - the blog posts all moved over fine - but the captions on the pics are not right and some other things  aren't right. Plus I am working on making it pretty. This makes me happier than you can ever understand. So when I do work on my blog - it is on that end.

2- I haven't baked anything new lately - I think we are in a rut dinner wise, and I am holding out for the holidays to start baking new things. I have 2 things planned for next week - and December is going to be a whirl wind of yummies flying out of my kitchen. Also- baking for the sake of baking is fun, but it is wasteful and I don't eat more than a piece of my stuff, and Matt only eats it for a day or so - and always seems to forget to take it to work (SIGH - Coworkers of Matt - nag him about this please) It also costs money - and my budget is so tight right now. Mainly for the last reason I have been neglecting this blog

3- Monday I signed up for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon. It cost more than I should have paid - but running a half marathon is on my bucket list, and I have always wanted my first half to be a Disney half. So here I go. I have been running 4 days a week, and doing strength training 2 other days. After work and working out - I am pretty beat and just don't have the energy to go make something for fun. Especially since I am trying to get in better shape while training. I am very excited about the race.

 



So be patient dear reader - I will be back with yummy goodness soon! Hopefully by Christmas my blog is all set up and you can update your bookmarks and subscriptions so you don't miss anything.  I miss blogging I really do - I won't let this blog die. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!