Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh yes it's Ladies Night

In college I had 6 roommates in 4 years - I loved 4 of them. LOVED them. Megan went to high school with me, and when we found out we were both going to UMD we decided to room together because we were scared of a random. Guess what - we BOTH got a random. YUP the 2 that requested being together got a 3rd roommate. All of our fears were realized when move in day came. Not only was the living situation rough ( we had a converted triple- which means they took a normal double room and shoved an extra set of furniture in and called it a triple - we still had 2 closets for 3 girls.) Said random and I didn't get along - her party habits and lord of the rings watching at 3am didn't mesh well with my sleep habits and apparently my homework habits at 3 in the afternoon didn't work well with her sleep habits. We fought and fought and I almost quit school. She requested a transfer for spring semester. Thank God. But that meant another random. Sometime in January a sweet girl named Ashley called me and said she was my new roommate. I put on a happy face and decided to try and give her a fair start. I am so glad I did. I love this girl- and she loved many of the same things I did. When she came in and put on some country music I knew we were good to go. She kept me entertained and we had a lot of fun. During Freshman year Carol lived across the hall. Dory was the nicest person I knew, she was a music major and was always happy. sophomore year we planned it so she lived right next door. I spent many hours in her room and her in mine. Junior year we wanted to get out of the dorms and into the apartments. So Meg, Carol and I went looking for a triple apartment. There weren't any- our only choice was to join someone already living in a 4 bedroom. I felt bad for the poor girl - the 3 of just coming in and taking over. But she hid in her room playing video games most of the time anyway so it wasn't so bad. Her only flaw was she enjoyed eating my leftovers(like from restaurants - sometimes with bites taken out of it). Weird but whatever. She graduated and moved out so senior year Meg's sister moved in. I was excited for Jillian to move in, we hung out some and she was a lot of fun. Meg, Carol, Jill and I had a blast. I can't even count the number of times all of them would end up in my room, laying on my bed talking. Sometimes I would have to leave, and come back and they'd still be in my bed.
I miss this
I miss this

Love it. There were spontaneous dance parties in the living room,

Jill was on the end table. Carol on the coffee table and Meg on the dining room table. LOVE ITJill was on the end table. Carol on the coffee table and Meg on the dining room table. LOVE IT

shopping days, family dinners and FUN. I miss them terribly. There are many, many nights I want to go in and lay in one of their beds and just talk. But we are all in different places now. So it was so nice to have them all back together. I hope we start doing this more often. Carol - move back to MD so we can! :-D

Ok sorry for the long sentimental bit on to the food.

We made our own pizza's - Meg and Jill brought the ingredients for the pizza, I made dessert (shocker I know) and Carol brought wine and beer. So fun. We sat around the table and talked, like old times but more grown up :-D

Meg brought 2 pre made dough balls, I think she got them at Weis. She was in charge of getting them ready for the toppings - she was flipping dough all over the place :-D haha not really but she did a good job. IMG_3223
Tossing it like a pro
Tossing it like a pro

Jill got all the toppings in order.

peppers, onions, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni and italian sausagepeppers, onions, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni and italian sausage

We used a jar of spaghetti sauce(garlic basil to be exact). We just made it up as we went along for the pizza's.

Brushed the crust with olive oil
Brushed the crust with olive oil

Jill and the yummy sauce - it had big chunks of garlic
Jill and the yummy suace - it had big chunks of garlic

some cheese and then toppings
some cheese and then toppings

1 pizza is pep, sausage and onion the other is everything1 pizza is pep, sausage and onion the other is everything

We cooked 350 for a while. I honestly don't remember how long we cooked them - basically until the crust looked done and everything was bubbly. (15 mins maybe? Girls do you remember?)
yummy pizzas
yummy pizzas

The food was so yummy but the company was better.

L to R: Carol, Jill, Me and Meg
Lto R: Carol, Jill, Me and Meg

Dessert Pizza recipe to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!