Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cake Truffles

The problem with making yummy treats for parties when you have a baking blog is that you have to post it right away; or you get facebook wall posts nagging for it. ;) I joke Jax! I <3 you. Thanks for giving me 4 or so hours of tiny baby time.

[Printable Recipe]

Cake Truffles
Cake Truffles

I made these reallllly yummy cake truffles. I saw the recipe at The Creapes of Wrath

I changed it a little bit, but it is the same basic idea.

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake) (I used cake tops from a couple cakes I made and half of the cake from Austin's Ice cream cake)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Nutella

18 oz. milk or dark chocolate (I used chocolate almond bark)

Sprinkles or whatever you want for decoration

Directions:

I paired the chocolate cake with the peanut butter and the yellow cakes with the nutella

- Put cake in bowl and crumble

Chocolate cake
Chocolate cake

Yellow Cake
Yellow Cake

- Add PB or Nutella and mix well.

mixed with peanut butter
mixed with peanutbutter

Mixed with Nutella
Mixed with Nutella

- Form into balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.

img_2444

- Place in freezer ( I left in for about an hour or so)

- Melt chocolate and dip cake balls into the chocolate ( I used little tongs, the fork and tooth picks didn't work)

img_2450

- Decorate the way you wish

- Let cool in freezer

These were so yummy. The chocolate/PB ones were very rich but very good.

My only complaint is that the yellow/nutella ones didn't hold together well and got my chocolate a little but it wasn't so bad. Maybe next time I will use more nutella.

I will be making these again. Every time I make a cake and level it I will freeze the tops and when I have enough cake I will make them again.

There you go Jax.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!! These were absolutely amazing and I have a feeling I'll be making them this weekend if not tomorrow :) Your welcome for the tiny baby time - feel free to come up this weekend for some more, I'll even cook! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!