Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A quick run through of cake class 3

But first, as requested a picture of mom's birthday cake...

img_2288

It leans a little, and the icing was acting weird so not my best work...oh and I forgot to take a picture before I cut her and dad a piece. I brought it home Sunday night, as of this evening it is gone. Hope the Walkersville Volunteer Rescue Company enjoyed :-D

Last night at cake class 3, we learned how to make shells, and pretty spiral flowers and clowns. I was alright at the shells, but I defiantly need practice. I didn't take any pictures of my shells because my hands were a mess.

The clowns were creepy, but I guess kind of cute. They sit well on cupcakes and edges of cakes.

Creepy ClownCreepy Clown

of course normally you would tint the icing for the clown, but this was my practice clown, I didn't tint him.

We had to bring in cupcakes, and after we practiced on our practice board we decorated our cupcakes. I practiced the spiral flower on mine. I really like how they turned out. So did the teachers at The Bee... they were all gone when I left. :-D

img_2296

pretty spiral flower cupcake
pretty spiral flower cupcake

Sorry this post is so short, I just finished a midterm for my FCC class, it was 3 pages long. I am tired.

This weekend I get to bake for my family again! I am going to try lemon bars from scratch, funfetti cookies and some form of birthday cake as my Mema's birthday is Sunday! But the best part of my weekend (besides seeing Matt) is we are going to see Kooza, the Cirque Du Soleil show that is in Baltimore. This was my Christmas/Chanukah present and it is finally here! I can't wait. If you know me, you know my life goal is to see them all... maybe when I hit the lottery. :-D

Attempt 2 at Pink velvet is coming soon, I have been given a new recipe. Get excited. I will have fun stuff for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!