Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Black and White Cookies

IMG_5201
The boyfriend loves Black and White cookies. So I decided I would make him a batch for Valentine’s Day.
I was pretty nervous because I knew he would have high expectations. I think I did pretty good though!
I really enjoyed them.
I got the recipe from Stephanie Cooks and followed it pretty much the same.
I failed at taking pictures of making the batter and icing. Sorry.
Ingredients for Cookie
[Printable Recipe]
1 1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 buttermilk
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Beat together butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy, then add egg and vanilla beating until combined.
Mix in flour mixture and buttermilk alternating starting and ending with flour. ( I did 3 flour additions and 2 buttermilk additions)
Pour batter onto lined baking sheet. I made them large, about 1/4 cup of batter.
 IMG_5190IMG_5191
They will puff up, so don’t make them too round.
Bake until buffed and golden. About 15-17 mins.IMG_5193
Allow to cool completely before icing.
Ingredients for Icing:
2 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp light corn syrup
3 tsp lemon juice (I might use a big less next time)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-3 tablespoon water
1/3 c. cocoa powder
Directions for icing:
Whisk together powdered sugar, corn syrup , lemon juice , vanilla and 1 tbsp water until smooth ( I had to put about 2 tbsp water to get it thin and smooth)
Put half of the icing in another bowl and add cocoa powder and water until same consistency of vanilla icing.
Turn cookies flat side up and ice half with the white and half with the chocolate.
IMG_5194IMG_5199IMG_5206
Matt liked. He ate half before I could take my pic!
My icing turned out to be a bit thin, so I had to put on a couple layers. It made a big mess on the counter but it was totally worth it. So good!

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies look yummy.
    I'm certain your boyfriend enjoyed them.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first off...

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for that amazing/helpful e-mail!!! You are so awesome. Seriously. :) :) :)

    Also, those cookies look so good.

    And one last thing: You got a kitchen aid?? I'm so jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to make b&w cookies! these look so easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!