Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oreo Delight

[Printable Recipe]
Yummy Oreo Delight

I found this recipe on the Make Life Delicious blog. When I was going through my saved recipes I noticed that everything I saved was chocolate and peanut butter, which is one of my favorite combination but I decided to keep looking for something different. This sounded good, and I was able to adapt it so that it was better for my grandfather who has diabetes (after all this was for fathers day)

Ingredients

35 - 40 oreos

6 tbsp melted butter

8 oz cream cheese, softened ( I used reduced fat )

1/4 c. sugar

2 tbsp cold milk

12 oz cool whip. thawed ( I used sugar free)

3 1/4 c milk

2 small pkg Jello chocolate instant pudding ( I used sugar free)

Directions

process cookies in food processor until crumbs form. ( I don't have a food processor, so I used a nut chopper, it worked really well... the magic number is 6 cookies)

oreo crumbs
oreo crumbs

As Tim Gunn would say "make it work" so I did
As Tim Gunn would say "make it work" so I did

Mix in melted butter and then press into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan. Refrigerate

crust
crust

Whisk cream cheese, suagr and 2 tbsp milk until blended, fold in 1 1/4 c cool whip.

cream cheese mixture
cream cheese mixture

Spread over crust

Beat pudding and 3 1/4 cup milk with whisk for 2 min. pour over cream cheese layer.

( I added some left over crushed oreos on top)

pudding layer
pudding layer

Let stand in fridge to thicken for 5 mins

Cover with rest of the cool whip and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. ( I added more crushed oreos on top to make it look pretty)

the finished product.
the finished product.

the layers are pretty
the layers are pretty

My family really liked this, and I felt good eating it because it was relatively healthy. It was quoted as being "refreshing."

This is definitely a new go to for desserts. A great summer treat!

2 comments:

  1. you bet it was great and on a hot summer day, wonderful yum. yum . I am swure it will be a hit in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! It's one of my favorites as well. Since you liked this so much, you should also try Banana Pudding Squares. The recipe is very similar...and DELICIOUS! I always make it for company and get togethers and people always love it! ( http://makelifedelicious.com/2008/01/banana-pudding-squares/ )


    Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!