Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fresh Salsa

I love Mexican food. I could eat it everyday and be happy. I often get a craving for it and I won’t stop. I love to go to restaurants and eat the chips and salsa. I can crush a cup of salsa and chips in record time. It is embarrassing.

Part of my 26 before 27 challenge (which I am super behind on! AH!) was to make fresh salsa. I decided this Cinco de Mayo I was making salsa!

I made it the night before, and thank goodness I did, the first batch was SO HOT ( my dad and brother called me a wimp!) I learned to take out ALL the seeds for round two (which I made the next day)

It was so easy!! Seriously – I won’t be buying from the jar anymore!! EVER.

Ready….Vamonos!

I adapted this from Created by Diane

[Printable Recipe]

Ingredients:

1 clove of garlic

4-5 roma tomatoes

1 small onion

1/2-1 jalapeño (depending on the amount of heat you want)

handful of cilantro

salt

 

Directions:

Deseed and devein the pepper.

Grill the pepper and tomatoesIMG_5361IMG_5362

Rough chop the onion and peel your garlic.IMG_5363

Carefully quarter the tomatoes and pepperIMG_5364IMG_5365IMG_5367

Bust out our old 70’s food processor (or newer model if you are a lucky duck)

IMG_4738

(Picture from another recipe)

Put tomatoes, garlic pepper and onion in the food processor and pulse.

IMG_5369

Add cilantro and pulse a little more. IMG_5368

Add salt to taste.

Chow down!

IMG_5370         

 

This isn’t perfect, and every time I make it I am going to tweak it until I get it like the restaurants. Suggestions?

My suggestion is you run out and buy the stuff and chow down NOW! (Wish I could right now! Darn it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!