Monday, July 12, 2010

Mom's Cherry Dump Cake


This is straight from my mom's recipe box, but I know there are plenty of variations on the Internet.

I made this for the 4th of July party we went to. It was a pretty big hit, heard lots of good things floating around about it. There was even a little left for me to snack on Monday night watching the Bachelorette.

I love it warm and I always heat up my leftovers. Matt likes it straight out of the fridge, to each their own I guess.

Mom's Cherry Dump Cake

[Printable Recipe]

Ingredients:
1 20oz can cherry pie filling
1 20oz can crushed pineapple (undrained)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 - 2 sticks butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Now do just what the title says, dump everything in a 9 x 13 pan.

First the pineapple, spread out evenly

Then the cherry pie filling (my mom uses 1 and a half cans of filling for more cherries - I liked the pineapple/cherry ratio with just one)

Cover with dry cake mix. Try to get as even as possible.

Cover cake mix with butter. I used a silicone pastry brush to make sure there was no dry cake mix left.

Bake for 45-1 hour until bubbly and brown. Make sure you watch the color the last 15 mins. My oven took 50 mins to get a nice crust.


There are so many variations I want to try. Next time my brother comes home I am making it with blueberry pie filling. I have heard of people topping the cake and butter with pecans. That would be goo too!

This is so easy to toss together and take with you to a party or pot luck.

***Edited to tell you not to drain the pineapple - I had someone call and ask and I totally didn't realize I didn't put it on the recipe! I am sorry!!!*****

2 comments:

  1. Oh so yummy!! Love it. I've got to go and see what else you've cooked up lately.
    Thanks for stopping by. Take care and God Bless!!
    Oh magazine #2 came today. Gonna be reading that tonight. Thanks again Angela. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!