Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blondies

[Printable Recipes]
Chocolate chip blondies

Matt and I were flipping through the tv one night- and there was this dude on there baking cakes and other pretty yummy looking cakes and desserts. It was on pbs and that was about all I knew, but I knew I needed the recipe for these things he was making. Matt went to the internet and figured it out. It was called Everyday Baking, Matt found a recipe for Blondies and requested I make them. So last Friday before I went to meet my mom, I threw them together. Making them was easy, but I wish I knew how my oven would handle because the sides were a little dark and hard. My oven is gas now - I am used to electric. I guess I should have watched them a little better. The recipe said 40-45 mins so I put them in for 40 and figured I'd be ok...I think they would have been perfect at 35.

Ingredients

1 stick butter melted

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tsp salt

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper leaving an over hang on 2 sides. Spray paper and pan with Pam (or butter it)

IMG_2784

In a large bowl- whisk butter and sugar until smooth, then whisk in egg and vanilla.

butter , sugar, egg and vanilla
butter , sugar, egg and vanilla

Add flour and salt and mix until moistened.

flour added
flour added

Fold in chocolate chips saving a little for the top (Walnuts too if using them)

IMG_2787


Put in pan and sprinkle with a little more chocolate chips.



sprinkled with choc chips and ready to cook
sprinkled with choc chips and ready to cook

Bake until golden brown 40-45 mins (or 35 depending - just watch them)

IMG_2789


Set pan on wire rack to cool. When cook remove with parchment paper and cut into 16 squares.

IMG_2791IMG_2792


These were good - I wish we could have had more than 4 or 5. I will be making them again. Maybe I can find the recipe for the topping they use on the blondies at Applebees and I can have my old roommate Carol, and her NJ friends over. That's what blondies remind me of. Applebees with Carol and Zanzibar Scuf. (Sigh I miss college) They were very easy to make. Plus I love my kitchen so I want to spend more time it in. :-D



3 comments:

  1. I am sure you remembered to lower the temperature because of the type pan you were using. From the looks of the pictures the must have been tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Blondies from Applebees...but yours looks WAY better. All you need is the side of splooge and it'll be perfect!! I'm coming over and eating your next batch =)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good, and so does that Mexican Lasagna...making me hugry...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! You will see your comment once it is approved!